Friday, November 23, 2007

Thankful

I meant to post this last night, but things were not well with the twins and I wound up taking a trip to the hospital to spend the night with Kristina (see Kristina's post for details). I am back at home now hoping that monitoring goes smoothly again as it did late this morning.

While this pregnancy has been trying there certainly has been a lot to give thanks for. The biggest thing to give thanks to and be thankful for is Kristina. She certainly has had her ups and downs during all of this, but she has been remarkably strong and pleasant throughout this pregnancy. Her unselfish concern for Alex and me has made life easy. I'm thankful for Alex who has handled all the schedule shifts and running around perfectly. I couldn't ask more from my three year old.

Also I'm grateful for the support of family, friends, and co-workers. Everyone's generosity is actually a bit overwhelming. Our family has been great at helping us out on a moment's notice and adjusting their schedule to help us out. Friends have done the same by giving time and food to us and lending us an ear. My co-workers also have been very nice by asking me how things are going, and on Wednesday gave us a very generous gift of gift cards for nearby restaurants with the promise of home cooked meals coming soon. The list goes on and on of small and big things people are doing for us. I think the nicest thing I can say to everyone is that I get teary eyed every time I think about how much everyone has helped us out.

Finally, I have to give thanks to another day past (even though it was filled with fraught) with the twins "staying in."

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My final thanks go to my parents for cooking Thanksgiving dinner and bringing it to eat at the hospital. It was very delicious and nice to have a family Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Hey Greg - It's Mimi. I know it's been a rough couple days. Hope you and Alex are okay. Take care.