Friday, January 4, 2008

World's Worst Blogger

So it's been another 15 days which makes me a pretty piss poor blogger. I'm guessing people are deleting their bookmarks and their browser history is poised to wipe this site from memory. And now that it's been so long I stupidly think that I must write a brilliant post to appease the ones of people that read this blog (I'm over that thought now). While I usually like to stick to a theme for a blog, I think I will do a random list of bullets (oh how I do love bulleted and numbered lists - but that's for a totally different blog).

  • Update on the girls health - Kristina's blog is the #1 reference site for this (another reason I blog infrequently), but I can offer my perspective. The girls are doing well. In a perfect NICU world the girls respiratory system would be developing faster, but given the myriad of really terrible things that have not gone wrong to date I'm very pleased with the progress. Evelyn's scab on her head, courtesy of Nurse Ratchet (she has not taken care of the girls since the first week), has fallen off and it doesn't look like there will be much of a scar. Otherwise, steady as she goes. The girls are responding pretty well to "eating" and they are gaining weight at a good pace.
  • Projected take home date - This is pretty variable since progress can slow or speed up. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly from what a couple nurses are saying it sounds like the girls will be ready to come home in another 2-4 weeks. With the likely event that Evelyn will come home some amount of time before Clara. I hope that they come home pretty close together. Not only is it sad that they wouldn't be together, this situation would create a logistical challenge for me since I plan on only taking off from work the vacation time that I have (2-3 weeks). I realize this isn't much of a problem to fret about considering I was worried about our girls livelihood a few months ago. So, I'm not that concerned, I just hadn't thought much of this possibility until recently.
  • On the home front - Kristina and I painted the nursery last weekend and put the nursery together this week (well mostly Kristina putting together the nursery). As usual, Kristina's vision has turned out wonderfully and the nursery is adorable. We will be mini-van shopping over the next weekend or two and with the purchase I will be eating my words for statements I made during my high school days about mini-vans. Finally, we are starting to consider our child care options. Preliminarily we don't think it will be feasible to have all 3 kiddos at Alex's current child care center when Kristina returns to work after her "real" leave when the twins come home. So, if you happen to know a more moderately priced center or nanny we would love to know about it.
  • On the work front - Work is still going well. To get through the last few months I've had to skimp a bit on work hours. I'm not happy about it and it's part of a greater problem that weighs on me, which is having to compromise in all areas of my life right now. It's tough feeling that I'm not doing anything well.
So that's about all. The most important thing is that the girls are doing pretty well. I get them to myself everyday after work, which is good bonding time for me. They are sweet little buggers.

Oh yeah, I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Denise said...

I'm still here reading!