Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chow Babe

Or as they say in Italy "ciao babe." The twins are starting to eat pretty well. Today was the first time that I really saw both of them eat well (and quickly) from the bottle. Evelyn drained 2/3 of her bottle and then turned quickly disinterested. Clara put her whole bottle down in quick order. They are both still gaining weight well with Clara weighing in at 4 lbs. 6 oz. and Evelyn tipping the scales at 5 lbs. 6 oz. (reminder: they were nearly a pound different at birth). I'm sure I'm offending preemie parents and nurses everywhere when I say that Evelyn is starting to look like a "real baby." I suppose the correct terminology is "full term baby," but I say real baby. She is getting the chubby cheeks and just looking bigger. She also is starting to act more like a real baby by squawking and crying more. She also had her baby bird mouth open when I first started feeding her.

That's all for now. The girls are still doing well. Alex, after another day at home seems to be on the mend and doesn't sound so sad when he coughs.

3 comments:

Mom said...

The girls seem to be thriving and I know that you, Kristina, and Alex all have a lot to do with that. Can't believe they are as big as they are...they really will be home before long.

Hugs and Kisses from Selma!

Denise said...

Those girls are going to be good eaters! The biggest thing B and I noticed at our visit with them is that the girls were so quiet. Sounds like that is about to change!

paula said...

I remember that Benjamin had no butt. Pretty soon they'll be crying like real babies too. Enjoy the preemie cry while you can!