Thursday, December 20, 2007

One Week Later...

It's tough to think that a week has already past since the girls were born. To me the week has gone relatively fast. Of course I've still been pretty busy seeing the girls, trying to help out Kristina, and working (I need to save my time off for when the girls come home). Kristina's Dad and Step-Mom have been in town this week which has been a great help in shuttling Kristina to the hospital to see the girls (Kristina needs to recover for about a week more until she should attempt driving).

The girls continue to make progress and I got to hold Evelyn yesterday and Clara today for the first time. They are very very sweet to hold. It's nice to feel their warmth and look right at their faces so close.

The girls' nurses are hovering over them much less. This is actually a good sign since the nurses feel comfortable enough with the progress and stability of the girls that the twins no longer need so much attention. It's also good for the girls so they can get plenty of sleep, and as the sign by their beds state "sleeping time is growing time." While my last post wondered if the girls are making swift progress I am rethinking my position. When I think it's only been a week, the progress seems quite remarkable.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hang in there! You will have a busy weekend but it will be a wonderful Christmas for all of you. Love you all! "Other" Mom