Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pink Is The New Blue

So I keep thinking, "oh it's only been a few days since my last post, I guess I should go post soon." And I see it has been 10 days...yikes! As you can tell from Kristina's blog a couple of those days have been very action packed.

Kristina's Mom is in town and staying at our house. She has been a huge help. She also brought with her a couple preemie outfits for the girls that are, of course, pink. It actually struck me as very odd because, for the past three years, I've gotten quite used to dressing my son in very much not pink clothes. I have no problems with dressing the girls in pink, this was just the first concrete realization that I will be dealing with girls and pink for years to come. There was also a realization that even though Kristina and I have been focusing our energy on having those girls "stay in," I haven't thought a ton about what happens when the "come out." Do I have to learn to play with Barbie dolls? Anyway, the outfits are adorable and I can't wait for the day when I teach the girls how fast Barbie can go in her pink Corvette.

Otherwise all is relatively well and it sure sounds like those girls are coming no later than December 17th.

Thanks again for everyone's support!!!

2 comments:

Ben, Tiff, Nettie & John said...

While the change from blue to pink is big, you can just ask Ben (Wismer), playing with dolls will be fun and you will love seeing how your kids realte to each other. We would love to bring you some food for your freezer, I am sure you will need it after the girls are here and family isn't! We can't wait to meet the newest family members! THe Wismers

Unknown said...

Who knows - maybe the Barbies will start a football team! You never know!!! :-)